Merry Christmas 2020
European Solar Prize winner 2020
EUROPEAN SOLAR PRIZE 2020
German Solar Prize 2020 – Changemakers of the new decade
Camping Bungalow Resort & Spa La Ballena Alegre is more than proud to announce the new award granted for being a company that is committed for change, innovation and for renewable energy.
We have been awarded with the EUROPEAN SOLAR PRIZE 2020, one of the most prestigious awards in the field of renewable energy actually.
Alternative Nobel Prize winner Dr. Hermann Scheer (†) created the European and German “SOLAR PRIZE AWARDS” to honor outstanding projects in renewable energy.
EUROSOLAR established the European Solar Prize in 1994 to shed light on pioneers of renewable energy across Europe. After more than 25 years, the ESP has been awarded to more than 250 local and international agents from all sectors of society. The award recognizes towns and municipalities, communities, associations or organizations, architects, journalists and dedicated individuals. The SOLAR Awards connect people who are paving the way to a renewable future with their innovation, commitment and hands-on work to make the energy transition a reality.
!! SURPRISE !!
Summer is over but we miss you. So we bring you a surprise. The online puzzle of our mascot !!
Do you think you are ready to solve this online puzzle of our most summery “Ballenita”?
Have fun solving this entertaining game. Challenge your family to solve it in a record time and be the fastest in your house.
Restaurants for all tastes
La Ballena Alegre campsite has a wide culinary offer
From our Camping Bungalow Resort & Spa La Ballena Alegre on the Costa Brava we have worked hard so that you continue to enjoy all our restaurants in this odd summer of 2020.
Thanks to the recent prevention measures, we offer a dream holiday all the necessary hygiene and safety measures recently imposed as a result of COVID-19. And, as well, with the possibility of enjoying our wide culinary offer! As, let’s be honest … what would a vacation be without enjoying the food we like the most?
«OASIS» is our rice specialty restaurant. Located on the beach with wonderful views of the sea, it is the perfect option to eat an excellent rice with lobster, with vegetables, soup, fish dishes, seafood from the very Costa Brava, … and much more. In short, a wonderful show for the palate!
If, on the other hand, you want to enjoy a wonderful sunset with an Italian touch, our trattoria-pizzeria «El Xiringuito» is perfect for you; fresh pasta, pizzas with a Mediterranean touch … mmm! just thinking about it makes our mouths water.
As exceptional measures in our restaurants, prior reservation at OASIS and XIRINGUITO will be essential in order to respect the maximum capacity allowed and thus be able to maintain the safety distance. You can as well make your table reservation online. (Check opening / closing hours according to season).
If you find yourself undecided, our SELF-SERVICE restaurant is ideal to satisfy your hunger as you will find a wide variety of Mediterranean cuisine dishes that, we are sure, will make you happy. Ah! And we also offer special dishes for coeliacs, at La Ballena Alegre we think of everything and everyone!
For safety reasons as a result of COVID-19, this summer 2020 the self service Buffet has become an à la carte menu – all the menus in our restaurants will be accessible via QR codes – and the containers will be single-use.
Exceptional services in restaurants
And what happens if our customers want to take their food elsewhere? No problem! In our campsite we have a TAKE AWAY service. Located on the same terrace as the pool and at the beach bar, we invite you to use our “AST & PIZZAS TAKE AWAY” and enjoy your roasted chicken, sandwiches, pizza, chips and a long etcetera to take wherever you want. As a preventive measure, we have introduced the possibility of ordering from the different menus online and collect them at a certain time with a prior reservation.
There is no doubt that the best thing about mealtime is always… THE DESSERT! For those with a sweet tooth, those who do not spare a sweet and much less when they are on vacation,… you are the lucky ones! Our campsite has a creperie, ice cream and yogurt stations! Enjoy a wonderful crêpe -sweet or salty-, a refreshing ice cream or an organic yogurt of our own production, and don’t forget to add your favorite topping!
But the thing does not end there. To bring down dinner and dessert, a good cocktail in a relaxed atmosphere is always the best option! Our Bar OASIS and Bar EL XIRINGUITO are ideal to enjoy with the family in a relaxed atmosphere and with views of the Costa Brava; piña colada, mojito, caipirinha … and enjoy! And if you prefer to check the animation shows and live music, do not hesitate to visit our TERRACE POOL Bar to enjoy what our entertainment staff has prepared for you.
If you fancy more a good glass of cava in the light of the stars to end the day, our chill-out «OXIGEN» is ideal and you can enjoy it until 1:00 am. And if you are one of those who want to extend summer nights until dawn, our Pub “LA BARCA” is perfect for you. (Check opening / closing hours according to season).
Same quality as always and more safety
From La Ballena Alegre we have managed to maintain our culinary offer practically at the same level, and that has been possible thanks to the hygiene and safety measures implemented, which has earned us our Safe Tourism certificate.
All our staff have all the necessary equipment to avoid any type of contagion and spread of the virus and, in addition, we carry out PCR blood tests periodically on our employees throughout the season. We have also installed hydroalcoholic gel dispensers at the entrances to all restaurants.
We are waiting for you at La Ballena Alegre to enjoy some memorable days and also a good feast in our restaurants!
A holiday with your pet?
If you are planning a holiday on the Costa Brava and you cannot – or do not want to! – leave your pet at home, at the La Ballena Alegre campsite we will be delighted to welcome you both
The plots located in the northern area of toilet 1 are ideal and designated for families who want to bring with their pet. In fact, we have classified them as “Plus Dog Plots” and they are perfectly accommodated with services for your pets. At our campsite we think of everything!
We belong to the Pet Friendly community, fortunately society is increasingly aware that our dogs are one of the family members and, as such, they should be able to accompany us almost everywhere. Luckily today we can say that much of Catalonia is already Pet Friendly!
Our dogs are our faithful friends, one more of the household, and that is why we allow them access to most of our facilities -except in areas restricted by health regulations (swimming pools, restaurants or food shops, for example)
In the event that you not only have one canine, but more, you can bring up to three pets to your plot (never to the bungalow). And, in the same way that we must carry our ID with us wherever we go, your dog must also be well identified with its documentation, vaccination card, passport and liability insurance. Quite easy right! Ah! And if you have a dog considered a potentially dangerous breed -pit bull terrier, akita inu or dogo argentino among others- a Civil Liability Insurance is mandatory, as established by Royal Decree 287/2002, of March 22; Law 50/1999, of December 23; Law 10/1999, of July 30.
How do I make sure that my dog complies with the camping regulations?
Very easy! You just have to read our advice here below
- Your dog can be walk free on your plot, but, when you go outside it… it must be on the leash! Better make sure he stays by your side and nothing bad happens to him
- As we explained before, your dog can access almost all the facilities except for the areas restricted by sanitary regulations and the bungalows.
- Your dog will be registered when checking in and its stay is subject to the payment of the corresponding fee
- If your canine is of a potentially dangerous breed, a muzzle and a non-extendable leash are mandatory.
- In case your pet misbehaves, and it negatively interferes in the holidays of the rest of the guests … sorry! But it will not be admitted in La Ballena Alegre
- Our campsite provides poo-bags in each garbage bin located exclusively in the dog area so that you can use them to collect their droppings. Use them!
- If your dog causes any damage in our facilities or to other campers … you will be responsible
- The Sant Pere Pescador City Council does not allow dogs on the beach or in the river, but the L’Escala City Council has set up a dog area on the Rec del Molí Beach, just 4km from our campsite.
Adaptations to the PetFriendly service
Your dog is as important as you to us, and for this reason we have created a series of services to make you feel at home at our campsite. For this reason -and whenever it is tied on a leash- your dog will be able to enjoy a pleasant walk through the common areas and we will happily welcome you on the main terrace, at the Xiringuito on the beach and at the Oasis Bar.
If you have been having fun, you have had a good mess during the day and you need a good cleaning … there are also special dog showers in toilet 1!
If you have not remembered the bags to collect the excrement, do not worry, we have thought about it for you and you have dispensers at your disposal, also in zone 1.
In case the rules are not respected, the Camping Management may expel the family in charge of the dog. But we hope this does not happen and you can enjoy a good vacation with the whole family!
Certificate of Safe Tourism
CERTIFICATE OF SAFE TOURISM
LA BALLENA ALEGRE OBTAINS THE CERTIFICATE OF SAFE TOURISM
La Ballena Alegre campsite is one of the first companies in the tourism sector to receive the certificate of conformity for a Safe Tourism.
We are very pleased with this recognition, which supports the effort and measures we have taken to ensure that our clients spend their holidays in an environment of security and tranquility in our facilities.
Timetables – Open Service Hours
HORARIOS / TIMETABLE (a partir del – from 21/06/2020)
- Bar Oasis. 10:30 a 18:00 h
- Bar Xiringuito. 10:30 a 18:00
- Bar Central Piscina 8:00 a 00:00 h
- Panadería / Bakery 8:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 20:00 h
- Escuela Windsurf & Kitesurf / Windsurf & Kitesurf School 10:00 a 18:00 h
- Escuela de buceo / Escola de buseig / Diving School 10:00 a 18:00 h
- Lavandería / Bugaderia / Laundry 9:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 19:00 h
- Auto lavanderia / Laundry machines 8:00 a 21:00 h
- Librería / llibreria / Book store 8:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 19:00 h
- El Celler (bodega / celler / wine) 8:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 20:00 h
- Mini Club 11:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 19:00 h (cerrado lunes / closed monday)
- Parafarmacia / Parapharmacie 8:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 19:00 h
- Peluquería / Hairdressing. 9:00 a 13:00 h
- Piscinas / Swimmingpools 8:00 a 20:00 h
- Recepción / Reception 24 h
- Restaurante Arrocería “Oasis” 13:00 a 15:30 – 19:00 a 22:30 h
- Restaurante Trattoria “El Xiringuito”. 19:00 a 22:30 h (abierto el 23/06)
- Restaurante Self service 12:00 a 15:00 – 19:30 a 22:30 h
- Spa “ Oxigen” 9:30 a 13:30 – 16:00 a 20:00 h (cerrado lunes / closed monday)
- Supermercado / Supermarket 08:00 a 13:00 h – 16:00 a 20:00 h
- Tienda de ropa / Tenda de Roba / Boutique 09:00 a 13:00 h – 16:00 a 19:00 h
- Take Away Piscina. 12:30 a 16:00 – 18:30 a 22:00 h
- Take Away Oasis. 12:00 a 17:30 h
- Info-Point & Easy Touch 9:00 a 13:00 – 16:00 a 20:00
LOS HORARIOS PUEDEN SUFRIR CAMBIOS. ROGAMOS CONSULTEN LOS HORARIOS EXPUESTOS EN CADA DEPARTAMENTO.
ELS HORARIS PODEN CANVIAR. PREGUEM CONSULTAR ELS HORARIS EXPOSATS A CADA DEPARTAMENT.
TIMETABLES CAN CHANGE. YOU CAN CHECK THE TIMETABLES PRINT IN EACH DEPARTMENT.
We Care – We open 19th June
On June 19th we finally will open our doors for you to enjoy a well-deserved vacation.
Today, more than ever, we know that one of the things that worries you is the safety when traveling after all that situation.
For this reason and to help you to feel like home, we have worked to ensure that your entire stay in La Ballena Alegre is completely safe with cleaning protocols to protect and care for you and, of course, following the rigorous plan of the health authorities.
Do you want to know all the measurements? More information HERE.
We want to take care of you during your holidays.
Postponement of opening date
Postponement of opening date
This summer will be shorter but soon we will be open to enjoy the camping and the exciting setting that surrounds us.
We continue to work and adapt to European and Spanish standards, so for the moment we have to postpone the opening date to June 19th.
We are looking forward to seeing you and showing you the news of this year.
We will continue to keep you informed on our website and social networks.
See you soon.
INTERNAL REGULATION FOR STAY WITH DOGS (PETS)
INTERNAL REGULATION FOR STAY WITH DOGS (PETS)
The Camping Bungalow Resort & Spa La Ballena Alegre only accepts pets on the plots in the north area of the campsite, it is an ideal place specially designed for families with dogs, where there are several services for pets.
Dogs are strictly forbidden in the bungalows.
It is mandatory to present the following documentation on arrival, at check-in and at the request of our staff::
- Vaccination card
- Pet passport
- Liability insurance
Personal liability insurance is mandatory if the dog is of a potentially dangerous breed, as determined by law (Real decreto 287/2002, de 22 de marzo; la Ley 50/1999, de 23 diciembre; la Ley 10/1999, de 30 de julio)
Considered potentially dangerous animals:
- Pit bull terrier.
- Staffordshire bull terrier.
- American staffordshire terrier.
- Dogo Argentino.
- Fila Brasileño.
- Tosa inu.
- Akita inu.
- The dog must always be on a leash outside its plot.
- Access with the dog to the toilet blocks, the main bar and the main pool or pools is prohibited. Neither in the supermarket, nor in restaurants.
- Dogs of potentially dangerous breeds must conform to the muzzle and the non-extensible leash under current regulations.
- Any user, customer or visitor who, due to the behavior of their pet, disturbs the peace and safety of the other campers is not allowed to enter the campsite or will be expelled
- The owner of the dog or pet is obliged to clean up the excrements of their animal and put it in closed bags in the garbage cans, both inside and outside our facilities.
- The owner of the animal is responsible for any damage to campers and their property and / or camping facilities.
- A municipal ordinance of Sant Pere Pescador prohibits dogs on the beach between 10am and 7pm. We like to inform our customers that the municipality of l’Escala has decided to establish a dog area on Playa de Rec del Molí. This dog-allowed beach area occupies half of the beach and is 4 km from our campsite. https://goo.gl/maps/8fBW9cNt1Qg4f9dw5
Camping Pet Friendly
Our accommodation is pet friendly and that is why we have a range of services for your comfort:
Leashed dogs are allowed in communal outdoor areas. You are welcome on the main terrace, in the Xiringuito bar on the beach and in the terrace of Bar Oasis.
We have renewed and improved special showers for dogs in sanitary block 1.
We offer bag dispensers throughout the lot area and the exit to the beach in zone 1.
Failure to comply with any of these rules in Internal regulation for a stay with dogs is sufficient reason for the campsite management to remove the owner and family of the dog from the campsite.